Hey guys!! With my recent decision to EAT Paleo I have been racking my brain on how to make this creative yet delicious! This SUPER simple, SUPER quick way to make Sweet Mashed Potatoes is not only good for those of us eating Paleo, but it’s good for anyone needing an alternative to the every day carb!!
Simple, sweet and healthy! Enjoy!
What You’ll Need:
- 6 clean sweet potatoes
- A fork
- 6 paper towel sheets
- Agave Nectar (or Organic Maple Syrup – I used freshly captured Maple Syrup from our trip up to Long Lake, NY!)
- Sea Salt
What You’ll Do:
- Puncture each clean sweet potato using your fork so that the heat flows evenly through them.
- Wrap each potato in a paper towel sheet and wet the entire towel covered potato.
- Squeeze the towel covered potato so that water isn’t dripping everywhere.
- Microwave one sweet potato at a time for 6 minutes. (This won’t take long if you are only making them for yourself, however I make them for me and my huge finance who eats about 3 sweet potatoes in one day..)
- Repeat the Microwave step until all potatoes are microwaved.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and scrape the insides into a bowl.
- Add a little bit of sea salt, a little more of Agave Nectar (or Maple Syrup) and as much Cinnamon as you like!
- Using your fork, mix all ingredients together until distributed evenly!
- Store for later or eat and enjoy now!!